Job Overview: The Communication Director is accountable for the public perception of a company. Managing this perception involves developing marketing and communication strategies, understanding the importance of timing and setting, and responding to crises and setbacks.
- Oversee the development of all internal and external communications, public relations, and promotional activities to support the brand and overall marketing strategy.
- Manage media relations, executive speaking engagements, special events, and communicating community outreach activities.
- Work with the Chief of Staff on external Executive communication and PR.
- Create a public relations strategy that will allow Hall leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media, local governments, and key influencers.
- Manage all third-party public relations firm support for Hall’s various properties across the U.S.
- Review materials intended for public release to ensure they represent the best interest of the company and are consistent with marketing objectives and policies.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization. Work with the leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations, and other supporting material as needed
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the communications function including budgeting, planning, and staff development.
- Lead crisis response strategy in conjunction with executive team and legal department.
- Report results, progress and plans to senior leadership on ongoing basis for annual planning and board meetings.
- Perform other duties assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred but not required.
- 5-8+ years of experience in a senior management role in marketing, communications, or public relations either in-house or with an agency.
- A minimum of five years of experience in planning, writing, editing, crisis response, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories.
- Real estate experience preferred.
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing programs to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems and Microsoft Office is also required.
Please email all qualified resumes to Human Resources Manager, Krystle Peña, firstname.lastname@example.org