Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) at HALL Group
At HALL Group, we believe in doing what is right over what is easy. We accomplish this by acting as steadfast stewards of the environment; supporting and advocating for the communities in which we live and work; and implementing organizational practices that promote inclusion, transparency, and accountability. In the words of our founder Craig Hall: “I believe that it is possible to do well while doing good at the same time.”
As such, we applaud the growing global ESG movement and support holding companies – both public and private – accountable for making decisions based on the long-term societal impact, not simply maximizing short-term profits. A few of the ways HALL Group is living out these values are highlighted below.
A Commitment to the Environment
HALL Group develops innovative spaces where people live, work and play. Creating healthy environments that responsibly use our natural resources and encourage connection with the outdoors and neighbors is core to who we are. A few examples include:
• HALL Group projects built in the last decade have been designed and constructed to a minimum of LEED Silver standards.
• HALL Arts Residences in Dallas is the first building in Texas to register for WELL Building Standard™ Gold Certification for Multifamily Residence.
• HALL Park, a 15-building office development in Frisco, Texas, is the first office campus in the nation to apply for the Fitwel designation. HALL Park also features lakes, three miles of walk and bike trails, and a new mixed-use masterplan surrounding a 5.7-acre programmed public park slated to open in late 2023.
• In 2009, HALL Wines became the first LEED Gold certified winery in California, and all our vineyards have been certified organic by the California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF).
HALL Group’s longstanding commitment to our communities is reflected in our “We C.A.R.E.” initiative, which focuses on community, arts, responsible business practices and entrepreneurship.
• HALL Group has donated millions of dollars and significant volunteer time towards making the arts easily accessible for everyone – with significant underwriting and partnerships throughout the Dallas Arts District including Klyde Warren Park, Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Dallas Theater Center,
Dallas Museum of Art and Nasher Sculpture Center. In addition, HALL Group is spearheading the creation of Kaleidoscope Park in Frisco.
• New real estate developments include major public art components, including the Texas Sculpture Garden, the largest private collection of contemporary Texas sculpture ever assembled, on permanent public display in Frisco.
• Since its inception in 2006, HALL Wines has been a founding supporter of Festival Napa Valley – an annual classical music festival each summer that raises money to support the promotion of arts and music throughout the Napa Valley. The HALL Wines team also hosts an annual Cabernet Cookoff which, as of 2022, has raised more than $500,000 to benefit local and greater Bay Area non-profit organizations.
• HALL Group matches charitable contributions for all employees up to $500 per year, provides for 40 hours of additional PTO for all employees to pursue volunteer efforts and encourages employees to serve on community and non-profit boards and committees.
Acting Ethically and Responsibly
HALL Group also recognizes and celebrates the differences that make us stronger. We are committed to fostering a workplace where everyone can be their authentic selves and feel welcomed and valued. HALL Group strives to make diversity, equity and inclusion part of its DNA from recruitment to hiring and advancement as well as through its relationships with vendors and other partners.
Through the Craig and Kathryn Hall Foundation, the Halls have been able to create programs worldwide that foster entrepreneurship and encourage responsible business practices. Since its inception in 1977, the Foundation has given millions of dollars in grants to support the long-term growth of entrepreneurship, arts and culture, and the improvement of wellbeing around the globe.
As we continue to grow and evolve, our passion for creating an inclusive and equitable environment is at the heart of our goals, operations, and partnerships. We believe in leaving the world better than we found it, a philosophy HALL Group has been putting into action for over 50 years.